For a smooth and supple skin
To be honest, I don’t have the best skin in the world. But hey, who does? Also, I am no expert when it comes to make-up and skincare. However, I do try and experiment a lot of DIY beauty stuff on my face. This one little trick is extremely close to my heart as it’s a face mask recipe shared by my Grandma. Plus, it works really well for my skin!
A brief history about my skin type – I have dry-combination acne prone skin. I break out every month around my period and it is oh-so-annoying! But this little face mask helps my skin to restore its earlier glory without any harmful chemicals.
So all you need is:
- Gram Flour: 2 TBSP
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 TSP
- Milk: 2 TBSP
- Rose Water: 2 TBSP
Mix everything together in a bowl to make a thick paste. Make sure that it isn’t watery.
You can use this mixture in two ways:
- As a Face Mask: Apply this mixture on your face and let it stay till it’s dry; approximately for 10-15 mins. Then wash your face with lukewarm water, scrubbing it all off in circular motions. Follow up with your regular moisturiser.
- As a Face and Body Scrub: Apply this mixture on your face and body, and scrub it gently in circular motions for 5-10 mins. Wash your face with lukewarm water and follow up with a moisturiser.
I do this twice a week and it leaves my skin so SO SOFT! This mixture is extremely beneficial for skin due to its ingredients.
- Gram Flour: It is a great exfoliant and in olden days Indian women would use it as a substitute for soap.
- Turmeric: Helps to lighten facial hair and get rid of tan.
- Milk and Rose water: Makes your skin feel cool, soft and glow-y.
Well, there you have it! A beauty hack that you can create using normal stuff from your kitchen. I hope that you like this post. Please let us know in the comments if you tried this DIY Face Mask/Scrub.
Arabella & Jaune
Disclaimer: The DIY mask/scrub may or may not work for some depending on the skin type. The results may vary. It isn’t a full-proof way to get soft skin, just something that we tried and wanted to share with you all.